We're On the Search for a Strategist
ROLE: DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY
Do you feel strongly about audience-driven strategies and have a passion for social and digital marketing? Are you:
An avid reader that keeps up with current events?
Organized and on top of things?
Generally flawless in your execution, paying attention to every detail?
A creative thinker?
A problem-solver who loves a great challenge?
Endlessly curious and hungry for learning?
A great storyteller?
Then this job may be for you.
We’re looking for a talented, energetic individual with a solid understanding of social and digital strategy and marketing to join our team. We are keen on finding the perfect go-getter with the ability to adapt and grow quickly within our company.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Strategy will work to develop strategies and provide strategic direction based on insights and analytics.
[NOTE: MUST BE TORONTO BASED - NO OUT OF COUNTRY APPLICANTS CONSIDERED]
Your job will be to...
- conduct market research: audience, competitive, cultural and trend analysis
- develop and execute content strategies based on research and insights
- develop and execute influencer strategies based on research and insights
- work with the Truly Social team on creating multi-media content, including:
- writing articles and social posts
- supervising the production of graphics such as gifs and infographics
- supervising the production of videos
- working with the team on creating fresh, new, cutting-edge content that makes smart use of the tools and appeals to the desired audience
- oversee community management and influencer relationship management
- oversee the posting of content to various platforms
- oversee analytics and reporting for strategies
- adjusting strategy as needed
- client management
- 7+ years of content strategy and creation
- great research skills (knowledge of social intelligence tools an asset)
- excellent writing skills
- an eye for great design and photography
- advanced knowledge of the inner workings of social platforms: Facebook for Business, YouTube, Pinterest for Business, Instagram/Instagram Stories, Twitter, Medium, etc.
- advanced knowledge of analytics and reporting
- intermediate knowledge of search engine and content optimization
- intermediate knowledge of paid social media planning
- basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products
- basic knowledge of multi-media production
- good presentation skills
A competitive salary
A dynamic, creative and fun team environment
The type of work that will always keep you excited and interested
A fast-paced, but supportive work schedule
A flexible schedule (our hours are 10-6 and we don't track holidays)
Lots of social benefits
Support for your training and growth
How to apply:
Please send resume, links to your social accounts and website(s) and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: THE CAKE IS A LIE and answer one of the following questions:
- What does being truly social mean to you?
- What is your process for creating a social strategy?
- Which is more important: community or content? And why?
We look forward to hearing from you!