The TRULY SOCIAL Process:
We don't believe in "Ideas", we believe in
You will never find us huddled in a boardroom throwing random ideas out just because we think they are cool. Instead, you will find us carefully analyzing your audience, your current and past efforts, your "competition", trends and culture to see if we can find insights that will lead to ideas that connect with your audience. This is our process:
Market Research + Insights
We start with research to figure out the why. The why is more important than the who or even the what. It’s where we can find out what drives the audience to engage.
This is the most important phase of any project. It is essential for both brands who have an audience (but may not totally understand them) and for brands who intend to build an audience.
What we are looking for is: who your audience is, what they read, where they hang out, what motivates them, what are the issues you’ll come up against trying to reach them.
A FULL SPECTRUM OF RESEARCH TO COME TO THE RIGHT INSIGHTS:
- Audience research & insights
- Competitive research & insights
- Cultural research & insights
- Industry research & insights
- SWOT analysis (based on insights, not guesses)
- Goal development
- Content & capability audit
Strategy + Planning
The strategy should flow easily from the insights and, once this is understood, we can lay out the plan.
- Overall strategy (that thing that will underpin everything you do)
- Voice & Tone (not the traditional flat, dull document - but unveiling your real voice)
- Editorial Focus
- Mission/Vision for Publishing
- Calendar Planning (overview - as we create content in more real-time)
- Resource Planning
- Suggested Platforms
- Approvals/Guidelines Planning
Content Creation + Production
This is where the rubber hits the road. Though you will have a good direction, there will still be some creative experimentation.
Depending on the platforms chosen, we may bring in designers, photographers, videographers, editors, sound engineers, etc., but we focus on teaching you to be self-sufficient and DIY.
WE HELP YOU DEVELOP:
- Podcast series
- YouTube show
- Video series
- Web publications
- Article series
PRODUCE & POST INCLUDES SERVICES SUCH AS:
- Content coordination & management
- Writing scripts
- Writing or editing social posts/articles
- Editing copy
- Photography direction
- Design direction
- Supervising shoots
- Overseeing post-production
Content Optimization + Promotion
Also crucial, this is the part that almost everyone forgets. It’s not enough to produce great content. It has to be found. This is the part of the process where content is optimized for the platform and audience findability.
- Tagging, titling, descriptions
- Setting up playlists/categories
- Creating closed captions
- Paid promotional planning
- Optimization for sharing
- Influencer outreach/paid collaborations
- Expert outreach/coordination
This is where you build a loyal, engaged audience. Interacting and engaging with your readers/viewers will go a long way to creating growth.
- Community outreach guidance
- Social listening
- Feedback gathering
NON-TRADITIONAL COMMUNITY EVENTS, SUCH AS:
- Hackathons/developer days
- Community forums & roundtables
- Design sprints
Measurement + Reporting
All of the efforts will be tracked and analyzed on a regular basis to ensure you meet the goals we set together. What we learn here, we use to improve our efforts every day.
- Measuring outcomes
- Comparing with goals
- Analyzing performance
- Learning reports
So there it is, we believe in listening and research so much that we never stop. From beginning, through implementation, and then adjusting, we are constantly learning so that you can stay ahead of your audience and deliver the best stories, the clearest messages and the most useful information.
Business Model Development
- Web Standards
Open Source Communities/Developer Communities
Copywriting & Editing
Email Marketing/Newsletter Development